Re: [platform-debug-dev] Launch Variables

On Friday 02 May 2003 03:02 pm, Darin Wright wrote:
<snip>
> The notion of variables will be defined in the debug platform. There will
> be two types of variables:
> (1) Simple variables. A simple variable has an identifier and a value that
> does not change (or at least does not change often). Such a variable could
> be defined by a user in a preference page, or could be contributed by an
> extension (i.e. plug-ins can contribute variables). A variable contributed
> by an extension may define either a default value for the variable, or
> provide an "initializer". An initializer is a delegate class that will be
> instantiated by the debug plug-in, when required, to obtain the
> initial/default value of the variable.

I understand the desire to have variables that provide simple key/value pairs,
but I don't understand what it means to contribute a key/value pair via a
plugin. Who would want to do this and what would it look like?

I think the root of my confusion is that I imagine the key/value pairs being
defined in metadata (stored in local preferences) and the keys being
referenced by project data (from launch configs). I'm not sure how static
data - keys, initial values, and initializers defined in a plugin - fits into
this picture.

- Jared

Back to the top