RE: [platform-debug-dev] (no subject)

> > From: Jared Burns
> >
> > Reproducible test case, please. Also, what is the number of the
> > bug you filed?
> > I see Bug 35459 that covers this issue, but it doesn't appear to
> > have been
> > filed by you.

Turns out to be easier to reproduce than I thought it might be.  The steps
are below.  What should I do next to submit it as a bug report?

Empty workbench
Add project SWT (type Java)
Add class HelloSWT (default package, with main() method)
Enter code:
--------------
import org.eclipse.swt.*;
import org.eclipse.swt.layout.*;
import org.eclipse.swt.widgets.*;

public class HelloSWT {

		// Create a standard window
		Display display = new Display();
		Shell shell = new Shell(display);
		shell.setText("HelloSWT");

		// Final setup - set size and show the window
		shell.setSize(150, 50);
		shell.open();
		while (!shell.isDisposed()) {
			if (!display.readAndDispatch())
				display.sleep();
		}

		// When done, clean up resource and exit
		display.dispose();
	}
}
Save (errors occur)
Right click on project, select Properties
Java Build Path/Libraries
Add External Jars...
Add swt.jar, press OK
Main menu: Run/Run As... all options disabled
(But Run tool dropdown, Run As..., all options available!)

Back to the top