Re: [platform-debug-dev] Launch Configuration working sets

I have downloaded the latest ECLIPSE driver and have looked at the working
sets for the launch configurations.
I think they will allow users to reduce the amount of launch configuration
that see at the same time, however...
they have to do work in order to accomplish this.

I still think that given the number of launch configurations that will
appear in the launch configuration dialog in
some of the products, it will make things easier for the end uses if launch
configuration types where grouped
into the launch configuration type trees.
Alternatively, I wonder if there is a programmatic way to create a working
set? This way 'undesired' launch
configuration types could be filtered out, but I'd still prefer the launch
configuration type groups...

Any thoughts?
Vadim Berestetsky
Distributed Debugger Development

|---------+------------------------------------>
|         |           "Joe Szurszewski"        |
|         |           <Joe_Szurszewski@xxxxxxx>|
|         |           Sent by:                 |
|         |           platform-debug-dev-admin@|
|         |           eclipse.org              |
|         |                                    |
|         |                                    |
|         |           08/23/2002 10:33 AM      |
|         |           Please respond to        |
|         |           platform-debug-dev       |
|         |                                    |
|---------+------------------------------------>
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                           |
  |       To:       platform-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx                                                            |
  |       cc:                                                                                                 |
  |       Subject:  Re: [platform-debug-dev] Launch Configuration working sets                                |
  |                                                                                                           |
  |                                                                                                           |
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

No, the work I did was strictly to add working set support.  I'm interested
in any feedback from working set users regarding the extent to which the
feature you mentioned is still needed, given that you can add entire config
types to a working set.

Joe

   berestet@xxxxxxxxxx
   Sent by:                            To:
   platform-debug-dev-admin@ec platform-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
   lipse.org                           cc:
                                       Subject:        Re:
                               [platform-debug-dev] Launch Configuration
   08/22/2002 06:01 PM         working sets
   Please respond to
   platform-debug-dev

Hi Joe,

I haven't got a chance to try this out quite yet. But I am wondering if
this will contain support
for grouping launch configuration types into launch configuration types
trees?

Thanks,
Vadim Berestetsky
Distributed Debugger Development
Phone (905) 413-4403; T/L  969-4403
Internet:  berestet@xxxxxxxxxx

|---------+------------------------------------>
|         |           "Joe Szurszewski"        |
|         |           <Joe_Szurszewski@xxxxxxx>|
|         |           Sent by:                 |
|         |           platform-debug-dev-admin@|
|         |           eclipse.org              |
|         |                                    |
|         |                                    |
|         |           08/22/2002 12:18 PM      |
|         |           Please respond to        |
|         |           platform-debug-dev       |
|         |                                    |
|---------+------------------------------------>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

 |       To:       platform-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
|
 |       cc:
|
 |       Subject:  [platform-debug-dev] Launch Configuration working sets

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Support for using working sets consisting of launch configurations & launch
configuration types has been released to the HEAD stream and should be in
the next integration build.  You can access this via the context menu on
the tree in the launch configuration dialog.  Working sets may consist of
individual configs and/or entire config types.  In the latter case, any
future configs of the selected type essentially become members of the
working set.  The working set selected in the launch config dialog is
persisted across dialog & workbench invocations.  Please file any bugs
against platform-debug.

Joe