Re: [platform-debug-dev] Dismissing Launch Configuration dialog

Hi Joe,

Basically, I am trying to launch an iSeries (AS/400) debug session using my
Launch Configuration dialog.
In my scenario, user specifies a process ID (job name) that is not unique -
launch should fail, Launch Configuration
dialog needs to come up, and user should be notified about this error (by
the way, what is the best way to
pass an error message back to the dialog) - but I ONLY want to perform such
check when I am leaving the dialog.

The only way this seems to be possible reliably is to do such check in the
launch delegate. But then I run into the
problem with the second instance of the Launch Configuration dialog.

By the way, asyncExec() doesn't seem to do the trick in my case... Any
other thoughts?

Thanks for the help,
Vadim Berestetsky
Distributed Debugger Development
Internet:  berestet@xxxxxxxxxx

                      "Joe Szurszewski"
                      <Joe_Szurszewski@xxxxxxx>        To:       platform-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
                      Sent by:                         cc:
                      platform-debug-dev-admin@        Subject:  Re: [platform-debug-dev] Dismissing Launch Configuration dialog
                      eclipse.org

                      08/07/2002 12:08 PM
                      Please respond to
                      platform-debug-dev

Vadim,

Can you give details of what you are doing?  What kind of failure is
happening with the launch?  You may want to try asyncExec() instead if
syncExec(), since the latter blocks the UI thread, so if the first dialog
hasn't had time to dismiss, it won't until the 2nd dialog is dismissed.

Joe

   berestet@xxxxxxxxxx
   Sent by:                            To:
   platform-debug-dev-admin@ec platform-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
   lipse.org                           cc:
                                       Subject:
                               [platform-debug-dev] Dismissing Launch
   08/06/2002 05:06 PM         Configuration dialog
   Please respond to
   platform-debug-dev

Hi everyone,

I have a question about the life cycle of the Launch Configuration dialog.
As an answer to the
bug 13766 suggests, if my launch fails, I can use
DebugUITools.openLaunchConfigurationDialog()
method to put up the Launch Configuration dialog up again.

I assume that typically the delegate will needs to redisplay the dialog,
and hence I need to use syncExec()
since delegate does not get called on the main thread. When I do this, it
seems like the old instance of the
Launch Configuration dialog is not dismissed, but rather hidden behind the
new instance.

I wonder whether I am not setting some parameter correctly?

Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks,