[platform-debug-dev] Default launch configurations for file extensions

I'm finding the method of declaring default launch configurations
restrictive.  With compiled languages, it is impossible to predict ahead of
time what extensions my launch configuration is able to support as the
extensions are not restricted as they are in Java.  Therefore, declaring in
the plugin.xml which extensions my launch configuration will support is not
practical.  I've tried using *, but it doesn't accept this as a wild card.
I can launch just about anything except for Java applications.

I'm not sure what would work best, except letting a user define the
extensions which can be launched with my launch configuration. Of course
this is error prone, but I don't see another way around it.  Given the
current layout, this would require an "add" button grouped with the "set as
default" button in the preferences dialog.

Thanks.

Kristen Desarmo
IBM Distributed Debugger

Back to the top