Re: [platform-debug-dev] Requirement for more stepping types

The java debug model implements a similar feature - step filtering. The user defines the packages/types they are *not* interested in seeing. When active, any "step into" action steps until the next "interesting" code is hit. To implement this feature, no additional step types are required in core. Instead, there is a "Use Step Filters" option that is added to the preference pages, and to the debug view pop-up menu (via standard workbench extendsions).

I would think that a similar thing could be done for step debug. Using standard action contribution mechanims, you could add a special step button to the debug view that invoked the special "step debug" function.

Darin

boxall@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: platform-debug-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

01/16/2002 03:08 PM