[platform-core-dev] Hello platform team!

If anyone is out there:

I came across your project while working with an SWT project where one of my UI's was blocking on a thread, and the internet suggested that I implement my project as an eclipse RCP application. I found the eclipse runtime projects, and was intrigued by the idea of contributing to eclipse, so here I am. I'm not sure I have all the "requisite knowledge" to start contributing right away, however I'm very interested in learning more about the java runtime environment. I figured that it would be awesome if I could both learn about java internals and also contribute to a project as big as eclipse. I understand that I probably won't be contributing for some time (still have a lot to learn), but I was wondering if you had some suggestions about where to start with the idea of eventually being able to give back to the community.

Thanks for any help!
-Mike

Back to the top