Re: [platform-core-dev] Save termination of headless Eclipse

Thomas,

This sounds like the right approach to me. The only other thing that I could think of was maybe if you were copying the files into the workspace outside of using the Eclipse APIs and maybe the a workspace refresh happened in another job after the save was done. Not sure though. Either way, I would recommend entering a bug report against Platform/Resources with either a sample application or enough information for the team to debug the problem. Thanks.

platform-core-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 07/24/2008 05:08:45 AM:

> Hi,
> We are using a headlessly configured Eclipse instance to populate a
> workspace and then build it. This is typically done with two
> invocations. One where projects are created (typcially by checking out
> from CVS or SVN) and one that performs the build.
>
> On occasion, the second invocation will print the message:
>
> "The workspace exited with unsaved changes in the previous session;
> refreshing workspace to recover changes."
>
> I've tried various things to rectify this but so far they have all been
> in vain. The current implementation does the following:
>
> 1. If autobuild is set, turn it off.
> 2. run the command in a try/finally clause.
> 3. In the finally clause, save the workspace with
> ResourcesPlugin.getWorkspace().save(true, monitor)
>
> I don't get any errors indicating any problems when I do this (the save
> command returns an OK status) and I don't do any workspace related
> operations after that. Still, the next time around, I get the "workspace
> exited with unsaved changes" message.
>
> I really need some help with this. What is it that the IDE does that we
> seem to forget in our headless set-up?
>
> I hope this is the right mailing list to ask this question. If not,
> please advice.
>
> Kind Regards,
> Thomas Hallgren

Back to the top