[platform-core-dev] Save termination of headless Eclipse

Hi,
We are using a headlessly configured Eclipse instance to populate a workspace and then build it. This is typically done with two invocations. One where projects are created (typcially by checking out from CVS or SVN) and one that performs the build.

On occasion, the second invocation will print the message:

"The workspace exited with unsaved changes in the previous session; refreshing workspace to recover changes."

I've tried various things to rectify this but so far they have all been in vain. The current implementation does the following:

1. If autobuild is set, turn it off.
2. run the command in a try/finally clause.
3. In the finally clause, save the workspace with ResourcesPlugin.getWorkspace().save(true, monitor)

I don't get any errors indicating any problems when I do this (the save command returns an OK status) and I don't do any workspace related operations after that. Still, the next time around, I get the "workspace exited with unsaved changes" message.

I really need some help with this. What is it that the IDE does that we seem to forget in our headless set-up?

I hope this is the right mailing list to ask this question. If not, please advice.

Kind Regards,
Thomas Hallgren

Back to the top