Re: [platform-core-dev] How to use eclipse osgi implementation as standalone?

See http://eclipse.org/osgi for info on using just OSGi.

If you want OSGi and the extension registry, just take an Eclipse drop and use only the org.eclipse.osgi and org.eclipse.core.runtime bundles.

Basically Eclipse is completely OSGi and you should just take the bundles/plugins you want.  Note also that we have a 3.2 plan item to make this even better.

Jeff

mabo <mabo@xxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-core-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

08/26/2005 05:10 AM

Please respond to
"Eclipse Platform Core component developers list."

platform-core-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[platform-core-dev] How to use eclipse osgi implementation as        standalone?

Hi, all,

   How to use the eclipse osgi implementation as a standalone framework?
   The reason  I choose eclipse osgi implementation instead of other
open src osgi implementation like Oscar is because I love eclipse
extension model, and would like use both the extension framework and the
osgi implementation to build my osgi-based extensible application.

-Birkey