[platform-core-dev] Problems with asynchronous nature of operations dues to the new Jobs scheduler.

Title: Problems with asynchronous nature of operations dues to the new Jobs scheduler.

Hi,

One of our products is built on Eclipse 2.1 platform and we are currently in the process of upgrading to Eclipse 3.1 M6. Most of our current operations assume things (build, refreshing etc) to work synchronously, the asynchronous nature of Jobs in 3.1 is causing us several problems.

Problem with refreshing: IResource.refreshLocal() now spwans a job and returns immediately before the refresh is complete, since the Job is not directly created by our code is there a way find out if refresh is really complete on the resource we are interested in?

Is a generic way to block on the workspace until all jobs launched have been completed?

Any help in undestanding this is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Goutam

Back to the top