Re: [platform-core-dev] Retagging tonight

I agree with Jeff that we need to keep things moving forward briskly.

For limited fixing of I-rebuilds, I'd suggest moving the existing tag for
the affected files - it's easier and produces less repo clutter that
branching.
---jim

Jeff McAffer/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: platform-core-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
05/05/2004 11:08 AM
Please respond to
platform-core-dev

platform-core-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
Re: [platform-core-dev] Retagging tonight

We might consider doing it the other way around.  If there are targetted
fixes for specific bugs in the I build then we should branch for that
contribution but the main effort is moving forward quickly and it would be
difficult for people to manage their changes without committing them.
Futher, there are likely already changes released that were not expected
to go into this weeks' I build.

Jeff

John Arthorne/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: platform-core-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
05/05/2004 10:47 AM

Please respond to
platform-core-dev

platform-core-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[platform-core-dev] Retagging tonight

Be forewarned that we will probably contribute to a rebuild in the next 24
hours. Try to avoid putting anything in HEAD that you would not be
comfortable contributing to a rebuild. If there are projects that should
not be retagged, let me know.

Back to the top