Re: [platform-core-dev] Persistent data storage support

Hey Chris,

not sure what you are looking for in a store.  If you just want a straight safe linear store there are a number of simple mechanisms in runtime/resources.  SafeInput/OutputStream and the chunky streams are swimming up from the depths of my memory.  I'm assuming that this is just to store the checkpoint name/timestamp pairs?

Jeff

Chris Tilt <chris@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-core-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

02/10/2004 12:35 PM

Please respond to
platform-core-dev

platform-core-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[platform-core-dev] Persistent data storage support

Hi.

I am exploring checkpoints (bug# 36958), where I will store some simple,
sequential, data in a file. I have seen HistoryStore and HistoryEntry,
which are overkill for the job.

The basic requirements are append, read at offset, and periodic garbage
collection of items at the begining of the file (re-write of the file is
inexpensive).

Are there existing storage mechanisms that I should consider before
writing a new one?

Thanks, Chris