RE: [platform-core-dev] Bundle of questions

Title: Message
Thanks Jeff. This makes more sense now but I have a suggestion and a couple of questions.

1. Instead of calling the extension file eclipse.xml and the element eclipse, I think you should consider a more generic term. Two reasons: first, there's the talk about maybe renaming the Eclipse project to something else if Sun joins, and second, RCP applications might not want the word "eclipse" plastered around on their files for branding reasons.

2. In the new scheme where would the plugin name, id, version, provider name, and class be stored? Also extension and extension-point id's are currently constructed by concatenating the plugin id and the extension id, would that change?

3. Is there any reason that you're not collecting the new manifests and .properties files all together in the META-INF directory? It seems a little odd that a NL reference in MANIFEST.MF would refer back up to a properties file in the parent directory.

4. It sounds like about.html, and build time files build.properties and build.xml are unaffected, is that correct?

Thanks,
--Ed

Back to the top