Fw: [platform-core-dev] Equinox runtime merge/Code freeze

The new runtime code has been merged into HEAD and is now a part of the
latest integration builds.
The Platform/Core code is no longer frozen and changes can be released to
the repository.
Thanks.

----- Forwarded by DJ Houghton/Ottawa/IBM on 12/02/2003 02:17 PM -----

platform-core-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 11/24/2003 03:50:53 PM:

> As mentioned in the status notes from last week's architecture meeting,
the
> Equinox runtime code will be merged into HEAD this week. This means that
> Platform/Core code in boot, runtime, and runtime tests will be changing.
>
> The following is a rough check-list for the merge:
> - version code in HEAD
> - version code in Equinox repository
> - merge Equinox code into HEAD
> - version HEAD
>
> In preparation for the merge of the Equinox runtime code into HEAD
tomorrow
> AM, Platform/Core code should be considered frozen effective immediately.
>
> I have versioned our projects for tomorrow's integration build.
(v20031124)
> In the (hopefully) unlikely event of core test failures in tomorrow
> morning's build, changes will be made in a separate stream and then
> released to the build and merged into HEAD.
>
> I have also versioned boot, runtime, and runtime tests
> (v20031124_pre_Equinox_merge) with label which makes it easier to
identify
> for comparisons tomorrow afternoon.
>
> We are currently working with the RelEng team to ensure there will be
> minimal problems with the builder for tomorrow evening's nightly build.
>
> We are also currently investigating the status of the core tests when
> running on the new runtime. There is potential for some of the core tests
> to fail in the nightly builds tomorrow evening, but we expect these to be
> sorted out by the end of the week.
>
> Thanks for your patience.

Back to the top