[platform-core-dev] Equinox runtime merge/Code freeze

As mentioned in the status notes from last week's architecture meeting, the
Equinox runtime code will be merged into HEAD this week. This means that
Platform/Core code in boot, runtime, and runtime tests will be changing.

The following is a rough check-list for the merge:
- version code in HEAD
- version code in Equinox repository
- merge Equinox code into HEAD
- version HEAD

In preparation for the merge of the Equinox runtime code into HEAD tomorrow
AM, Platform/Core code should be considered frozen effective immediately.

I have versioned our projects for tomorrow's integration build. (v20031124)
In the (hopefully) unlikely event of core test failures in tomorrow
morning's build, changes will be made in a separate stream and then
released to the build and merged into HEAD.

I have also versioned boot, runtime, and runtime tests
(v20031124_pre_Equinox_merge) with label which makes it easier to identify
for comparisons tomorrow afternoon.

We are currently working with the RelEng team to ensure there will be
minimal problems with the builder for tomorrow evening's nightly build.

We are also currently investigating the status of the core tests when
running on the new runtime. There is potential for some of the core tests
to fail in the nightly builds tomorrow evening, but we expect these to be
sorted out by the end of the week.

Thanks for your patience.

Back to the top