Re: [platform-core-dev] Is there a way of structuring a .team.core.repository - typeClass extended Linux plugin to be compatible with both Eclipse 2.0 and 2.1 platforms?

Stephen,

Are you asking if a plugin you have developed for Eclipse 2.1 is compatible with 2.0.x. If so, then the short answer is "No". If you use any facilities that are specific to 2.1, then your plugin will not be backwards compatible. Consider that the typeClass field is linked to the RepositoryProviderType class which is in 2.1 and not in 2.0.x so your 2.1 plugin that contains a subclass of RepositoryProviderType would no be compatible with 2.0.x.. I can't say why the 2.0.x build succeeds on Windows but fails on Linux. It could be due to a difference in the virtual machines on the different platforms.

Also, the extension point you are using is part of the Team support so any further question are better asked on the platform-vcm-dev mailing list.

Michael Valenta

Stephen Majeski/Lexington/IBM@IBMUS
Sent by: platform-core-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

29/05/2003 12:34 PM