Re: [platform-core-dev] Attn Jed: Alternate auto refresh plugin

On 04/01/2003 01:11:47 PM platform-core-dev-admin wrote:

> Is there any way you could contact the owner of the thirdparty code?
Until
> he/she is willing to release this code under a license we can accept
(CPL
> is best) I don't think we can use it (of course IANAL).

I could always ask, but I doubt it - the author has a commercial product
based on a much newer version of the source - http://www.dirwatcher.com.

Before I started using his code - I started writing my own implementation,
which mostly works, but it is inefficient in that it creates a new thread
for each directory watched, and locks up the JVM on shutdown =)

I could work on that some more if you want - or pass it to you in its
uncompleted state if you feel like hacking on it - basically just need to
call ReadDirectoryChangesW asynchronously - which was a little hairier
than I had time to get into:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/fileio/base/readdirectorychangesw.asp

Matt

Back to the top