Re: [platform-core-dev] Use of Eclipse plugin framework in pure Java applications

Hi all,

We used WebStart to deploy an Eclipse-plugin-based application.
Therefore we build a special startup class that configures the plugin
directory with the downloaded jars and starts the Eclipse launcher.
Works fine!

Would you be willing to share this startup class under a CLP, Apache, or BSD
license?
I am sorry but unfortunately we had developed this functionality for one of our customers within a consulting project. Therefore the code does not belong to us. It would only be possible to rewrite that class, which remains an option.

I see the pros and cons of this vs a modification of the eclipse core as
follows:

+ No need to modify eclipse and repeat these changes for each new version of
eclipse until JNLP support has been developed in Equinox and integrated into
the main eclipse branch.

- Need additional security permission, even for applications that could
otherwise run in the default sandbox.

I agree.

Best regards,
Martin