Re: [platform-core-dev] RFC 0002 - .metadata under project content area

Rodrigo --

I don't understand.  If we introduce a new kind of persistent property
doesn't this imply some sort of API hit to core?  Seems to me that if we
have two different sets,shared and non-shared, with only the shared
metadata being placed in the repository, core has to provide some API to
distinquish the locations that would store this metadata.  Am I missing
something?

-- Dave

                    Rodrigo_Peretti@xxxxxxx
                    Sent by:                         To:     platform-core-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
                    platform-core-dev-admin@e        cc:
                    clipse.org                       Subject:     Re: [platform-core-dev] RFC 0002 - .metadata under project content
                                                     area

                    12/11/2001 04:48 PM
                    Please respond to
                    platform-core-dev

That was not our thought when we proposed moving the metadata to the
content area. All of the persistent properties would have a unique
behaviour related to VCM: they could be shared or non-shared. We have no
special mechanism in mind in order to differentiate properties and I
believe the goal is that the default would be non-shared but the user
could change it if wanted.

Rodrigo

Dave_Dykstal@xxxxxxx
Sent by: platform-core-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx