[platform-compare-dev] reusing RangeDifferencer

Hi,

I'm playing with a potential generation/reverse-generation tool and one
of the things I'd like to do is diff/patch in changes into existing
code. I haven't been able to find a stand alone Java API for doing diffs
until I came across Eclipse's RangeDifferencer.

I'd like to copy the RangeDifferencer code out to its own, stand-alone
repository (possibly in either jakarta-commons or on tigris.org). I'm
not keen on two, separately-maintained code bases; would the compare
devs be interested in removing the RangeDifferencer code from the
eclipse repo and instead having a dependency the jar'd form of the other
project?

Also, I'd appreciate any hints or concerns about separating out
RangeDifferencer code. I haven't seen any potential issues yet, but I
just came across the code. Does this sound like a good idea?

Thanks,
Stephen

Back to the top