RE: [platform-ant-dev] Distribution?

> So, I initially though this was a CDT issue and submitted a bug to
> the CDT team. However, they say that the CDT is not responsible for
> parsing the output of Ant / cpptasks, and that whatever is happening
> is as a result of something else. The change to the output between
> the 3.4 and 3.5 releases is purely cosmetic and the underlying
> parsing has not changed. My question therefore is: what is parsing
> the output of ant/cpptasks in the randomly-pluginised 3.4 release?!
> I have no idea what features/plugins are responsible for what, so I
> need some help knowing if platform Ant has any responsibility in
> this area? If so, what plugins am I looking for?
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated, as I now see it is possible for
> Eclipse to recognise Ant/cpptasks output and integrate it into the
> ide, but I have no idea why only this one weird distro of eclipse
> can do it, but nothing else can! I am going slightly mad here!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Tom

The Ant console has "pattern match listener" extensions registered with it
to recognize certain patterns and create hyper links. If you look at the
org.eclipse.ant.ui plug-in you will see 3 pattern matcher extensions
registered with the Ant console. The extension point is
"org.eclipse.ui.console.consolePatternMatchListeners". I'm not sure if it
was one of these matchers that was creating the links for you in earlier
releases. Others could have contributed to this extension point.

Darin Wright

Back to the top