From: platform-ant-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:platform-ant-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Michael Rennie
Sent: 21 August 2009 15:15
To: Eclipse Ant integration developers list.
Subject: Re: [platform-ant-dev] Distribution?

Hi Tom,

First of all, is this editor thing part of Platform Ant (and if not, can you point me in the right direction?)

> Yes the editor, outline, Ant view, etc is all part of platform Ant

Secondly, if it is part of Platform Ant, then how do I get the latest set of plugins? Our dev environment is on an airgapped network, using Red Hat Linux boxes, so I cannot use Eclipse's auto update features - I need to download (preferably .tar.gz -type) files. The eclipse-ccase plugin is distributed as a zip file that just extracts into the eclipse install dir, so I'm after something similar.

> Unfortunately there is a no separate download for just platform Ant, but I suppose you could try downloading a version of the Java Eclipse and just copy over org.eclipse.ant.core and org.eclipse.ant.ui to the plugins directory of your C/C++ install.

Michael Rennie

Inactive hide details for "Dalton, Tom" ---08/21/2009 05:39:00 AM---Hi guys, First of all, apologies that this probably isn't t"Dalton, Tom" ---08/21/2009 05:39:00 AM---Hi guys, First of all, apologies that this probably isn't the right place to ask

First of all, apologies that this probably isn't the right place to ask this - I have spent about 30 mins trying to find a platform ant newsgroup, user forum etc and can't find anything. I am using the Eclipse 3.5 C/C++ distribution in Linux. This only includes org.apache.ant. However, our project uses Ant to build (using Ant cpptasks for the C++ code). In the Java distribution of Eclipse 3.5, there is a plugin that gives a nice editor for Ant build files, with nice syntax highlighting and an 'intelligent' file outline tree widget thing.

First of all, is this editor thing part of Platform Ant (and if not, can you point me in the right direction?)

Secondly, if it is part of Platform Ant, then how do I get the latest set of plugins? Our dev environment is on an airgapped network, using Red Hat Linux boxes, so I cannot use Eclipse's auto update features - I need to download (preferably .tar.gz -type) files. The eclipse-ccase plugin is distributed as a zip file that just extracts into the eclipse install dir, so I'm after something similar.

Thanks for any help,

Tom Dalton
Build & Tools SME, AMPA

platform-ant-dev mailing list