[platform-ant-dev] Ant view with multiple branches of same project

I'm a bit perplexed if this problem should be treated as a bug or as an enhancement request, for me it's rather annoying since i hit into it too often and i tend to consider it a bug, but may be you (the developers) are of another opinion. Please advice.

I usually work with multiple branches of the same project and use ant to build them. The problem is that in ant view the build file is only reported with project name (from <project> statement) and different build files from different branches of the same projects all shows with the same name and the only way to distinguish between them is to look for display order, that is the same as that of package explorer, or open their Properties, but this becomes cumbersome when there are may opened projects and build files and too often happens to run targets in the wrong branch.

What is needed is a decorator, for instance the name with which the project was extracted or the CVS branch name or whatever else you like most, that allows to choose the right ant build file at a glance.

So, how do you think it's best to proceed?

Regards,  Gabriele

Back to the top