[platform-ant-dev] Launching Eclipse from within a master build process

Hi!

We have a build process created for our plugins to build a full release
bundle. The build process does mainly the following steps:

1. extract final eclipse release zip to temp
2. copy jre into eclipse
3. copy our plugins from source control to temp
4. launch eclispe to generate build scripts for our plugins
5. launch eclipse to compile and build zips from our plugins
6. collect our plugins into one zip
7. add eclipse-platfrom and JDT release into this zip

This build process runs fine on windows for quite a long time now. We are
now facing on Linux builds but on the Linux build machines I can't use the
Eclipse launcher to launch eclipse. Thus, I tried to launch it directly
(java -cp startup.jar ...) but this fails due to the launcher class exits
with exit code 23. During debugging and error search I discovered that 23
comes from the UpdateManager... and that it means "restart" me.

For several reasons we need to launch Eclipse with the AntRunner as
application. It is also not possible (and acceptable) to install X on the
Linux build machines.

Two question:

1. How can I disable the UpdateManager during launch using "java -cp
startup.jar ..."?
2. If I can't disable the UpdateManager, what is the suggestion of the
Eclipse team for a workaround?

Thanks in advance,
Gunnar

Back to the top