[platform-ant-dev] External tool variable quoting

Is there anyway to make an external tool variable _not_ be a single
argument to the external tool?
Normally, in the run external tools dialog, arguments with a space have to
be quoted to be treated as a single argument, but variables do not - this
makes sense for paths as they could have spaces in them.

However, I have written a variable that prompts me for a string to be used
as arguments for the external tool, but this string is always treated as a
single argument, even when I want it to be treated as multiple arguments.

Is there anyway to make this happen?

If not, perhaps a method on the ExpandVariableContext that toggles this
behavior would be a good thing to have.

Matt

Back to the top