[platform-ant-dev] PlantyEditor - AntModel connection

Hi everyone,

As mentioned before I started the development of some Ant wizards. As always
I run into some problems...

If I correctly understood the code an AntModel represents an Ant file and
the various Ant tasks, targets, etc are represented through XmlElement's.
Now, when I want to add a new target to the Ant file wouldn't I do this by
adding a new XmlElement to the XmlElement "project"? Ok, but how do I now
notify the PlantyEditor about that changes?
I found no way to do so. Could someone give me a clue how to do it or is it
not implemented yet?

I have no great knowledge of the Eclipse/JFace editor architecture but the
PlantyEditor seems to be an ordinary text editor and only the outline is
generated from the AntModel. Is this correct? If so, are there plans to
change this and build the editor on top of the AntModel?

Best regards,
 Gregor

PS: Should my work accidently produce something useful I would like to
contribute it to the Eclipse Ant project.

Back to the top