Re: [platform-ant-dev] External Tags in Ant Editors outline

A trio of thoughts.

First, shouldn't lump import and include together. They are very different.
Import is logical, include is textual. Import order not significant, include
order very significant. Etc. External entities are like include.

Second, the contents of an external entity are necessarily part of a
document in a validating parser only. A well-formed parser need not expand
external (or any other) entities. I gather Alf is taking the well-formed
side while you (and Ant) take the validating side. Each has its points, but
the validating point of view seems more fruitful.

Third, if you expand external entities in the outline view, users will
reasonably expect to be able to navigate from there to the source. Then
what? If you navigate into another editor, the outline view will reduce to
only the entity and the user can't use it to navigate back. (But the Back
arrow should work.) OTOH, if you navigate into the same editor, you have
opened the fold/unfold and the multiple-editors-same-resource cans of worms.
I'm not sure the Ant editor is the place to pioneer the latter innovation.
;-}

Bob