Re: [platform-ant-dev] External Tags in Ant Editors outline

Pro:
1. The parser returns the external entities as part of the file.
2. If you ask Ant to list the targets in a file, it will include targets
defined in external entities.
Con:
1. The Java editor doesn't allow you to expand imports in the outliner to view
their contents.

Darin and I have gone back and forth on this a few times and the conversation
has repeatedly come down to the nature of external entities: Are they
analagous to import/include statements or #define statements? That is, should
we interpret them simply as references to outside files or should their
contents be inlined into the editor? Based on the way Ant and the parser
behave, we've been lead to believe that the contents of the external entities
should be thought of as more or less inlined.

- Jared