Re: [platform-ant-dev] Message level constants in NullBuildLogger

The class is a build logger that is in a JAR contributed through the
extension point.

Darins

|---------+---------------------------------->
|         |           "Rodrigo Peretti"      |
|         |           <Rodrigo_Peretti@xxxxxx|
|         |           m>                     |
|         |           Sent by:               |
|         |           platform-ant-dev-admin@|
|         |           eclipse.org            |
|         |                                  |
|         |                                  |
|         |           11/25/02 09:38 AM      |
|         |           Please respond to      |
|         |           platform-ant-dev       |
|         |                                  |
|---------+---------------------------------->
  >--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                        |
  |        To:      platform-ant-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx                                                           |
  |        cc:                                                                                             |
  |        Subject: Re: [platform-ant-dev] Message level constants in NullBuildLogger                      |
  >--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

One of the constraints when integrating Ant in Eclipse is that no plug-in
library should access Ant classes directly. Ant classes have to be loaded
by the AntClassLoader and not plug-in classloaders. If the constants are in
a JAR contributed through the ant.core extension point, then it is OK to
access Ant classes.
That could be the reason but I'm not familiar with the External tools code.

Rodrigo

                      "Darin Swanson"

                      <darins@xxxxxxxxx>             To:
<platform-ant-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
                      Sent by:                       cc:

                      platform-ant-dev-admin@        Subject:
[platform-ant-dev] Message level constants in NullBuildLogger
                      eclipse.org

                      11/24/2002 03:03 PM

                      Please respond to

                      platform-ant-dev

In the External tools NullBuildLogger we have correctly moved away from
using the LogConsoleDocument messaging level constants.
My question is why do we still define our own constants?
Why not just use the ones defined in the Ant Project?

Before I make the change I wanted to see if I was missing something
obvious? ;-)

Darins