Re: [platform-ant-dev] feedback

Happy!

I fully agree with your priorities.

If you get to drag&drop then it would also be nice to be able to drag
a build script into the target selection viewer.

--erich

                      Jared Burns
                      <jared-eclipse@xxxxxxxx         To:      platform-ant-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
                      m>                              cc:
                      Sent by:                        Subject: Re: [platform-ant-dev] feedback
                      platform-ant-dev-admin@
                      eclipse.org

                      11/24/2002 05:21 AM
                      Please respond to
                      platform-ant-dev

I agree with the ideas you've mentioned so far, Erich.

I started poking at the idea of a split-pane earlier today and it doesn't
look
like it'll be much trouble. Adding the split pane took all of 10 seconds,
but
then I got the idea to support drag and drop from one pane to the other
(you
just want to drag targets into the "active targets pane", right??) and I
got
sidetracked for a while. It looks like it's a real hassle to get drag and
drop working (it requires system.out debugging...), so I'm just going to
scrap that for now. :-)

My priorities on the implementation side:
1. The ability to manually add a build file.
2. The ability to evoke a scoped search for build files.
3. The ability to do true selection-based launching (right click on a
target
and say "Run").
4. The ability to run multiple targets and supply ordering. The split-pane
idea is the best thing I've heard so far, so I'm planning to start on that
once the first 3 bits are done.

All of these things require a bit of restructuring under the hood, which
I'm
working on now.

- Jared