Re: [platform-ant-dev] Ant integration in Eclipse

Tuesday, October 22, 2002, 9:48:43 AM, Shackelford, John-Mason wrote:

>> For the XML editor... one xml editor that does code completion and the ant
> stuff could just use one of these to save development effort.

> I spend a fair amount of time working with Ant build files and use XML Spy
> to handle to code completion. IMHO what is really lacking in a tool for
> writing ant build files is a tree view that allows one to immediately see
> which targets are in a file and jump to them. A floating tool tip that would
> display the text of an xml comment immediately preceding a target analogous
> to the way tool tips give java docs excerpts in jdt would also be very
> helpful.

XML Buddy (from Bob Foster) handles the syntax coloring, completion,
and the outliner view.  Unfortunately, that tool will be a commercial
product, otherwise I'd love to see that integrated within Eclipse for
supporting Ant.

David
David
mailto:dlwhiteman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx