Re: [platform-ant-dev] Ant integration in Eclipse

My main caveat is to add the key binding ability to run
Ant scripts. Right now I have to run it as an external
tool. If you guys are able to integrate it further,
maybe having the ability to assign keys to activate the
script (or the build process that runs one or more
scripts) would be VERY helpful.

Does Eclipse load the Ant jar file and make a call to it
directly as opposed to executing a command line call to
it behind the scenes? It seems to run faster when I use
the built in ant, only it doesn't quite work for me the
way I need it to (unless me being a newbie just hasn't
figure it out yet).

I would like to use the debugger and such in the IDE,
but I also have the build script I use on different
platforms. Is there any way to configure eclipse to use
the build script while debugging? That is, if a compile
error is reached in one of any files during the compile
process, Eclipse would be able to stop the compile
process from the script it is using, flag the error,
allow the developer to fix it, then continue compiling
using the same script?
> There have been several posts to this mailing list regarding the
> usability/integration of Ant in Eclipse. The ANT team would like to
> acheive a better level of ANT integration.
>
> An ANT view has been developed by Roscoe Rush
> (http://freshmeat.net/projects/r2tech-eclipse-antview/?topic_id=46), which
> is along the lines of integration we would like to achieve.
>
> We believe a user should be able to do these sorts of things:
> * Display one or more Ant scripts in a view which shows the targets,
> dependencies, and (possibly) tasks, in a hierarchical tree
> * Run a script or selected target(s) from the view
> * Synchronize the Ant view with the associated file, as it is edited
> * Configure the working directory and arguments associated with a script
> * Configure which resources are refreshed after a script is run (if any)
> * Add/order an ant script to be run as part a project's build process
>
> We are currently in the design process, and welcome input from the
> community.

Darin

Back to the top