Re: [platform-ant-dev] Why doesn't external tools UI use JFace?

Unless you're talking about Simon's branch work, it looks to me like the
current code in HEAD uses JFace most of the time.  In some cases it's
actually simpler to NOT use jface for very simple UI work.  Feel free to
use whatever you think is easiest.
-

                      Jared Burns
                      <jared-eclipse@xxxxxxxx        To:       platform-ant-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
                      m>                             cc:
                      Sent by:                       Subject:  [platform-ant-dev] Why doesn't external tools UI use
                      platform-ant-dev-admin@         JFace?
                      eclipse.org

                      09/27/2002 12:26 PM
                      Please respond to
                      platform-ant-dev

The external tools UI (including Ant UI) seems to be written using the
low-level SWT widgets instead of the JFace stuff. Instead of viewers and
content providers, it's using low level widgets.

This means we're doing a lot of mundane work that is already done for us by

JFace. Before I start rewriting the UI, can anyone tell me why this was
done
in the first place? Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks,
- Jared