[platform-ant-dev] Why doesn't external tools UI use JFace?

The external tools UI (including Ant UI) seems to be written using the
low-level SWT widgets instead of the JFace stuff. Instead of viewers and
content providers, it's using low level widgets.

This means we're doing a lot of mundane work that is already done for us by
JFace. Before I start rewriting the UI, can anyone tell me why this was done
in the first place? Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks,
- Jared

Back to the top