[platform-ant-dev] Re: platform-ant-dev digest, Vol 1 #29 - 3 msgs

In the 4/12 build you can extend the Ant classpath using
Window->Preferences->Ant->Customize. If you are running Eclipse with a JRE
instead of a JDK, you have to add tools.jar at the "Classpath" tab. If you
use a JDK, eclipse should find tools.jar for you. If after setting the
classpath you still have problems, please log a bug report.
Let us know if it solves your problem.

Yes, it did, thank you.  I guess I was making an incorrect assumption;
since I was
getting the "Classic compiler not available" message, I assumed it was due
the fact that I wasn't setting the 'build.compiler' property.

But yes, the Ant integration is working nicely now, even including some
custom
tasks I wrote.  Thanks!

--dave

P.S.  Yes, it would be nice to be able to set default property values
across an
entire project, so that I don't have to enter the values into the Ant
wizard for
every single build.xml file in the project --- but I have taken the
suggestion to
submit this issue to Bugzilla.

Back to the top