Re: [platform-ant-dev] Plan to integrate 1.5 of Ant

Binyan,

Just to clarify, it is not that Eclipse is mucking with your builds but
that the overridden tasks just plain will not work in Eclipse unless their
implementation is modified.  Mostly this has to do with the way Eclipse
does class loading.  The semantic operation of the tasks should be the same
so while there is some mucking, it should be blackbox mucking.  Using the
more recent versions of Ant, it may be possible for Eclipse to be more
subtle about this.  It would be very helpful if you can provide (in a bug
report) detailed cases where Eclipse's behaviour is different from that of
standard Ant.

For now if you want to run your Ant scripts without any Eclipse mucking you
will have to spawn a new VM and run Ant's main.  I suggest you use the JDT
launch facilities to do this.

Jeff

                      Binyan
                      <binyan357@xxxxxxxxx>           To:      platform-ant-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
                      Sent by:                        cc:
                      platform-ant-dev-admin@         Subject: Re: [platform-ant-dev] Plan to integrate 1.5
                      eclipse.org                     of Ant

                      03/07/2002 11:34 AM
                      Please respond to
                      platform-ant-dev

What would be great is if this overriding was
optional, I actually prefer my ant builds to show up
EXACTLy as they would from outside of ant.  I want
eclipse to run my ant builds not muck with them.  Do I
need to open a feature request or is this planned.

Binyan