Re: [photran] "Failed to create the Java Virtual Machine" from Photran 8.0 (Eclipse 4.2) on Mac OS X 10.6.8

Hi Jeff,

Many thanks for your quick and detailed help.

I tried many solutions from Google, including the one for RAM setting like you mentioned. It turns out that my problem is caused by the -vmargs argument.

Those who have similar problems can try the following steps:

- Open eclipse.ini in the Eclipse.app package like Jeff wrote.
- Find the line containing -vmargs and replace it with "-vm XXX". I use /usr/bin/javaws for XXX on my Mac. From its name I guess XXX is the location of the JVM, but I frankly know little about it. I just happened to find a solution and I saw 'javaws' there before I found I also have an app called 'javaws' in /usr/bin/.

Cheers,

Jingshi