Re: [photran] Photran as a standalone debugger

Ah!  That is an excellent idea.   I'm just a professor and so don't
actually know how to do something like this, but I'll talk to my grad
students to see how hard it would be.  Maybe we will add it to our
list of future projects.

-Ralph Johnson

On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 3:05 AM, Smith, Lee <Lee.Smith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Yes I'm aware that Photran is actually just a gui wrapper for gdb (or idb also) but what I want is to invoke Photran (eclipse) without first starting the application and setting up a project etc. So to just type something like
>
> photran <executable>
>
> And then start debugging the supplied executable. This is how idb (the gui version) and ddt work. I have used both of these but I much prefer the Photran gui for a variety of reasons. The problem is that I need a way to invoke it in the same way as these other applications.

Back to the top