Re: [photran] Fortran source beautifier, pretty printer

Hi,

can anyone comment on this?

I found the following tools:
    floppy - http://www.netlib.org/floppy/ (fortran 77 only)
    SPAG - http://www.polyhedron.com/spag0html (commercial)
    f90ppr- http://www.ifremer.fr/ditigo/molagnon/fortran90/
    for_struct - http://www.cobalt-blue.com/fs/fsmain.htm (commercial)
    tidy - http://www.unb.ca/fredericton/science/chem/ajit/f_tidy.htm
(fortran 77 only)
    emacs - http://linux.about.com/od/emacs_doc/a/emacsdoc192.htm

In my point of view the best pretty printer for fortran90 is f90ppr,
which is part of moware-1.0
    1. download it from
ftp://ftp.ifremer.fr/ifremer/fortran90/moware-1.0.tar.gz
    2. change the compiler in the Makefile
    3. compile
    4. add some keywords to the top of your f90-file (check f90ppr.1 for
more infos):
        $define FPPR_MAX_LINE 132
        $define FPPR_STP_INDENT 4
        $define FPPR_FXD_IN 0
        $define FPPR_FXD_OUT 0
        $define FPPR_KWD_CASE FPPR_LOWER
        $define FPPR_USR_CASE 0
    5. call "f90ppr < orig.f90 > pretty.f90"

Regards,
Jens Henrik

P.S: emacs was a nice try, but failed with a line like this:
if(ierr.ne.0) then; write(*,*) 'MPI_File_set_atomicity() error:',ierr;
goto 10; endif