[photran] a strange problem about photran 7

Hi everyone,

I had a strange problem about photran 7 with Eclipse 3.7 on Ubuntu 10.04.

I had a Fortran project, which includes some *.f90 files and one SSORT.FOR file.  When I tried to build this project, it said that ssort_ could not be found. It seemed the file SSORT.FOR was not compiled.  Then, I select  SSORT.FOR, right clicked and found that I could not build it separately.  By the way, I could build other *.f90 files correctly.

I am not very familiar with Linux system. This might be a problem about Ubuntu?  I could build the same project with photran 5 in Eclipse 3.5 on Ubuntu 9.10. So now I really do not know what is the problem.

Another thing I felt is that  photran 7 with Eclipse 3.7 on Ubuntu 10.04 is slower that photran 5 with Eclipse 3.5 on Ubuntu 9.10. Is this a problem caused by some setting issues?  How can we make photran 7 with Eclipse 3.7 on Ubuntu 10.04 faster?

Thanks for your time,

Best,
Runlong

Back to the top