[photran] Integrating Intel Compiler into Eclipse/Photran

I have been running the gfortran compiler as a stop-gap, but now have
the Intel compiler
There seem to be some quirks in getting everything to run properly.  I
have added the source required to my .bashrc so that I can run ifort
from a terminal with no pain, but Eclipse does some funny things

I have a basic 'hello' file for testing  - with gfortran this compiles and runs
With ifort, I get the following:
1) from a terminal ifort hello.f90 works every time

2) if Eclipse is launched not from a terminal, attempts to build
return the following in the console:

"""
**** Build of configuration Debug_IA-32 for project helloI ****

make all
Building file: ../hello.f90
Invoking: Intel(R) IA-32 Fortran Compiler
/bin/sh: ifort: not found
make: *** [hello.o] Error 127
ifort -g -O0 -c -o "hello.o" "../hello.f90"
"""

3) If eclipse is launched from a terminal, and I then build the
project, the console displays

"""
make all
Building file: ../hello.f90
Invoking: Intel(R) IA-32 Fortran Compiler
ifort -g -O0 -c -o "hello.o" "../hello.f90"
Finished building: ../hello.f90

Building target: helloI.f90
Invoking: Intel(R) Fortran Linker
ifort  -o"helloI.f90"  ./hello.o
Finished building target: helloI.f90
"""

but then, when I try to run the project/program (note: there is no
binary shown in the left pane with the project tree after the above
step), I get an error pop-up
"Launch failed. Binary not found."

Any help that can be provided would be very much appreciated.  And,
while I understand the sentiment, please do not reply with "just use
gfortran."  I am dead set on using the Intel compiler and I would much
prefer to do my compiling from inside Eclipse rather than doing my own
make files and compiling at the terminal.

Thank you

Back to the top