[photran] mixed language project questions

I have a project that includes fortran, c, and c++ code. I have it set up as a
photran managed make project and can build and run the code. I'm not able to
make much use of photran advanced features however.

There are several include files, some that are read by c/c++, and others by fortran.
Eclipse seems to assume .h files are all c/c++ so a declaration like integer x in a
fortran .h file gives an error "type 'integer' could not be resolved'.
And "show declaration" for x in a fortran file, obviously doesn't work either.

Questions: Can photran handle include files in pure fortran projects? If so, is there
any way to tell eclipse what language a .h file should be on a per-file basis so they
will also work in mixed language code?

Also, it isn't clear what the consequences of creating the project as a photran project vs
a cdt project is. I believe that all would be able to use the make file to build and
run, regardless. Could someone explain?

Thanks.

Back to the top