Re: [photran] Pb with modules in Photran 6.0.7

Title: sincerely_yours.txt
Le 20/05/2011 02:57, Jeffrey Overbey a écrit :
Hi Michel,
Hi Jeff,

Thanks for answering.

Here is the end of my .log from .metadata (I could provide the full
I'm not sure that I completely understood your message.  If you have a
module named XyZ, and it's defined in a Fortran source file named
XyZ.f90 or XyZ.f, then the makefile generator should find it, even if
it's buried one or two folders deep.
At the beginning, I had a XyZ.f90 file that the makefile generator did find.
The project worked (after I had changed the name of the files containing modules by putting one or more 0 at the beginning so that they would be compiled first (I did not remember about unchecking the box for stopping at the first build error) and then renamed them back to the same name than the module name).
Then, I decided to change XyZ.f90 by another version named XyZ.f coming from another project.
The Problem may come from the fact that I added the XyZ.f90 before deleting the XyZ.f, so that the automatic build quasi immediately found an error that I tried to cure, forgetting the fact that I still had XyZ.f90... I do not remember exactly the details but at some moment, I deleted manually the XyZ.o and XyZ.mod files and renames XyZ.f90 as XyZ.f90.back. I think it is after that, that I kept getting the error message.
In theory, this error means that
you have "use XyZ" somewhere in your code, but you don't have a file
named XyZ.f90 (or something similar). So, you're saying you *do* have
an XyZ.f90/XyZ.f and it's not finding it anymore?
Yes!
I even created an entirely new managed make project, then copied the source folder ("src") from the old project and still got the message. Then later on I had the idea of deleting the src folder, recreated a new "src" folder using the "Source Folder" button and copied again the fortran sources inside. Then it worked!!!
I then tried to delete the "src" folder in the OLD project, recreate it with the button and copy back the fortran sources, but it did not work!...
Can you pleasecheck the properties for the file itself and the
folder(s) it is in and make sure none of them are listed as "derived
resources?"
Neither the fortran source file nor the "src" folder have the attribute "Derived" checked in the "Resource" view of their "Properties"

The thing that surprises me a lot is that because of the clean I do not have a "Build Configuration" directory in which to find subdir.mk et al.
And even if I create a new Build Config I do not have that directory!!!

--
Sincerely yours,

Michel DEVEL

Back to the top