Re: [photran] Refactoring with modules

Hi Daniel,

> about not finding a module. This is correct, as that module is provided by
> the compiler and resides somewhere different on the file system. So I wanted
> workspace, so I can't include the directory with this compiler-provided
> module. Why is that so, and should it be changed?

A couple things come to mind.

First, Photran cannot read .mod files; it has to have source code for
the module to be able to analyze it. The format of a .mod file varies
from compiler to compiler.

As for why the analysis/refactoring components work exclusively with
files in your workspace, it's mostly implementation detail. Eclipse
treats files in your workspace differently than files elsewhere on the
file system. Photran has to be notified of changes to files, it has to
schedule background updates so that they avoid concurrent
modifications, etc... and all of this is trickier with files located
outside the workspace. We've avoided doing this so far because there
didn't seem to be much demand.

Back to the first point... for the module you're talking about, what
do you have available? A .mod file? A header (.h) file? Full source
code?

Jeff

Back to the top