Re: [photran] two indentation questions

Hi Bill,

> I would really like to indent using spaces, but using only 2 spaces

In theory, if you click on Window > Preferences (or Eclipse >
Preferences on Mac OS X) and, in the tree on the left side of the
dialog box, navigate to General > Editors > Text Editors, there is a
field called "Displayed Tab Width" which you can change from 4 to 2.

Unfortunately, Photran's editor has a bug that makes it use 4 spaces,
regardless of this setting.  This will be fixed in 6.0.5 or 7.0,
whichever is released next.

> (2) My understanding is that there is currently no way to get auto-indentation,
> such as you would get from emacs (i.e., hitting tab, or some other keyboard
> shortcut, indents the current line to the "correct" level of indentation).

You are correct; it uses Eclipse's default auto indentation strategy,
which isn't customized for Fortran.

This isn't on the agenda to change in the near future, but if there is
demand, we could consider it.

Jeff

Back to the top