Re: [photran] How to save your results?

Hi Huacheng,

From your question, it is not clear whether you are asking an advice on how to open a file in a Fortran program, or how to open a Fortran code in Photran IDE - I will assume the later. If you are indeed looking for an advice on programing in Fortran - just Google for "fortran reading file example".

To open a Fortran file in Photran, you can drag-and-drop it anywhere on the Photran window, or use File>Open file menu. Likewise, you can use File>New>File menu to create a file, and File>Save or File>Save As to save an edited file. The extension of your files will depend on the version of Fortran that you are using, for example .f90 is typical for programs written in Fortran 90.

You can learn basic steps of working with Photran from available tutorials, for example http://www.fesb.hr/~psarajce/photran.html.

I also recommend that you go through one of the many tutorials available on Eclipse - even though Eclipse is for Java, Photran is based on Eclipse and you should be able to use the same concepts while working on your Fortran projects. As an example, please see http://eclipsetutorial.sourceforge.net/totalbeginner.html .

--- On Tue, 11/2/10, Huacheng Zhang <zhanghuacheng1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Huacheng Zhang <zhanghuacheng1@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [photran] How to save your results?
To: photran@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 2:08 PM

Hi, all:

I am very new to Photran. Does anybody know how to read a file and save results in a folder. For example, I want to open a file from my favorite directory, say:
C:/huacheng/fortran/project

I also need to save my fortran results in that folder, what should I do?

Also, do I need to specify the file type as .f90?
How can I open and see the contents of those files?

Thanks a lot,

Huacheng

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----