[photran] Refactorings not working with non-ASCII characters ?

Title: sincerely_yours.txt
Dear Photran developers, and users,

It seems that I cannot use refactoring when there is a file in the workspace containing comments or strings with accented characters é (i.e. \'{e}) etc...)
I could not use the refactorings I tried (extract procedure and introduce implicit none) in a project because there were all the times out of bound errors or null character error in java and after that windows popping every time I made a modification in one of the files.
I therefore tried to create a new workspace with only one subroutine containing characters with accent and removed all the declarations. The "introduce implicit non" refactoring did not work.
Then I erased all the comments with non ASCII characters and the refactoring *worked*.
I reintroduced an accented character of each kind and it did not work.
However, when I tried to erase them once more and retry I got messages
begining by java.lang.ArrayIndexOutofBoundsException and org.eclipse.runtime.CoreException

After disabling the refactorings, closing the workspace, enabling again the refactorings and trying "introduce implicit none" I get
"An internal error occurred during: "Photran indexer".
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 4095"

Am I right to suspect that non ASCII characters (and more specifically letters with accents) are a problem for photran refactorings ?
Did someone else have the same experience ?

--
Sincerely yours,

Michel DEVEL

Back to the top