[photran] suggestion for a new refactoring

Title: sincerely_yours.txt
Dear Photran developers,

I would like to suggest a new refactoring specific to fortran:

When I want to transform f77 files into f90 files to apply the available refactorings, most of the time I just change .f to .f90 and...
... spend quite some time dealing with the split lines.
I would therefore suggest a refactoring that would replace any character different from blanck in column 6 by a "&" and add another "&" between columns 73 and 79 where needed.
This is what I do "manually". It allows to go backward to use a fortran 77 only compiler if needed.
--
Sincerely yours,

Michel DEVEL

Back to the top