Re: [photran] Recursive subroutine, outline error

Hi Jeff,

Thank for your answer, I was expecting a bug as well.

That sounds like a bug, but it sounds like one we could fix easily in the next release. If you could, please click on the "Report a Bug" link on the Photran homepage to create a bug report. (You may need to create a Bugzilla account first, but that's very easy.) There is a section in the bug report form for attachments -- please attach one or two sample Fortran files that produce that error so we can add them to our test suite.

My fortran code is huge (several files in several directories), but I'll try to extract one or two files which reproduce the problem.

David

Thanks.

Jeff

On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 9:57 AM, David Lauvergnat <Lauvergnat.Photran@xxxxxxx > wrote: Few months ago, I've switched the development of my fortran90 code to photran (5.0.0.200910081739) and eclipse (Version: 3.5.1, Build id: M20090917-0800). It is perfect!!

However, I've run in a surprising error (or bug?). When I add "recursive subroutines" in a module, the "outline" view shows the following error:

"Syntax error: Unexpected identifier"

This error is associated with the beginning of the recursive subroutine.

However, the program works fine and if I remove the recursive "word" just before "subroutine", the error disappears.

Furthermore, the recursive subroutines already present before I've moved to eclipse don't show this error.

Yesterday, I've upgraded to ptp+photran (5.0.1.20100201101) with eclipse (Version: 3.5.2 Build id: M20100211-1343), only one error disappears!!

Do you know a way to overcome this problem?

Thanks

David

David Lauvergnat

Laboratoire de Chimie Physique